Archive

Saturday 14 January 2012

Top 10 - Other ways people annoy me on Facebook

You agreed, and I sat feeling justified. A good day's work? Yes. Enough work? No. Consequently I decided, after over 10 months, ten points just aren't enough to contain all of the annoyances displayed in the social networking capital of the world. So, without further ado, here it is... ten more ways that people annoy me on Facebook.


NOTE: If you haven't already, check out the original list HERE.


10. People who try and make you join their group to see hidden elements


It reminds me of how Youtube users try to force 'subscribe' messages down viewers' throats. If we like the video, or your channel, we'll subscribe. It's the same with Facebook. If I find your group or page funny, then yes, I will join/like it... now go play Minecraft.


9. People who upload, practically, the same photo 1,789,342 times


Ooh, that version's in black and white. Ah, and that's the same photo again... in negative. Hang on, that's exactly the same photo! Yeah, I understand you're having a fun time with your friends, but isn't one picture sufficient enough to express the occasion? Apparently not.


8. People who 'check in' at their home address


Okay, that's your home address covered. If you'd now like to tell me your alarm code number, what you got for Christmas last year and any PIN numbers for credit cards laying around the house. It's not a good idea to give over such information, because on Facebook, you can never be too sure who your real 'friends' are.


7. People who don't use 'inboxing' accordingly


This involves any sort of wall (or now more recently, 'timeline') post that everyone outside that particular two way conversation just don't want or need to see. Soppy 'love you' messages are the main culprit here, but any sort of message could generally apply. Just inbox please, and keep it personal.


6. People who accept random strangers as their friends


If they're not your friend, then why accept them as your 'friend'? I'm just putting out there, and if anyone has an answer to that particular question, I'd like to hear it. "Because... your Mum" doesn't count. Studies have shown that a lot of young people do accept random friend requests. People need to wise up, because it's the stupidity here that annoys me. Can you be entirely sure the person you're adding is who they say they are?


5. People who comment on posts to make subtle digs


It's happened to me before, and it's probably happened to every one of you reading this as well. The moral here is: if you haven't got anything good to say, don't say anything at all.


4. Mums who make annoying comments


It's a Facebook law that if you concede to adding your mother as a friend online, the condition is binding for life. I wouldn't want to think what the consequences of permanently removing my Mother off Facebook be. I tried it once before... never again. The downside to this 'law' however, is that you're burdened with Mum (as I'll now call her - we're all friends here) following your every virtual move. As I'm sure you'll all agree, it's excruciatingly annoying at times.


3. People who say "like for lpc" or "like for paragraph"


Yeah, I've put it out there. And what are you going to do about it? Give me a '2' for looks? There's no real need to elaborate on this point any further. I think you all have your own reasons for finding this shout for attention as annoying as I do.


2. People who 'frape' others with idiotic comments


Fucking grow up!


P.S. 'Frape' is a word blend of 'Facebook' and 'rape', if you were wondering. 


1. People who break every single one of the points that annoy me in both lists


I know you're out there somewhere and when I find you... I'll give you a pat on the back for keeping on top of being such a trooper. It's a life time career in itself, that feat.


Want more Top 10s? Click HERE.

1 comment: